Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Gift of Work (Ministry)

If ministry (work) is a gift then it doesn’t have to be so hard. Jesus didn’t give me this gift to make me miserable. He also didn’t give it just to grow me, nor with the sole purpose of using me to change lives. He gave it to me to bless my life, to fulfill me and to give me a purpose. To give me the gift of enjoying hard work.

Ministry at times is very slow. You would think the free time and solitude would bless me and at time it does, at the same time there are times that I have way too much down time and I find myself bored, miserable, discouraged, disappointed and depressed. God has some big plans for the ministry He has for me; I’ve had a taste of how fulfilling it is. Yet I still find myself afraid to step out and really let all He has for me happen. I’m afraid I won’t be able to do it, or be enough, that I’ll get too tired and not have time to myself. So I prevent the blessing and in the mean time I feel all the things above.

I made a decision the other day to step past my fears, into the unknown (I thought I already had), obey God and do what He really has for me to do. I look forward to stepping back into His hands, floating down the river and allowing Him to bring everything to me as I do each thing that He asks of me to do. I can hardly wait to see all that He is going to do!

I am so blessed to have a purpose, to be in Africa, to have these ladies in my life, to work with amazing people and to see dreams come true. So many people go through life not knowing what their purpose is. They grow older and wonder if they even made a difference. The majority of the time, I know I make a difference. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment