Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Gift of Problems

Oh, problems. What can I say about problems? I usually wish I had none. I wish life was easy and always went my way, but it's not and it doesn't. Problems are inevitable, so how is it that a problem is a blessing?

It draws me close to God. I have to lean on Him if I'm going to solve the problem, not just muddle through it. They show me what I'm made of and make me stronger. They show me what I am not made of and how I need to change. They show me the depths of my heart and soul. They all too often show me what my intentions really are.

The only way I can get this yuck out is to fall on my knees, cry out to Jesus and let Him make something beautiful. This in itself is a great, great gift.

But wait, there's more. It strengthens my relationship with Jesus and at the same time, strengthens my relationships around me. Then, I am a truly blessed woman.

It also strengthens my mind and allows me to think more clearly, deal with things quicker, easier and with less complications. It teaches me how to treat people better, what really matters and how to be grateful.

Most of all, problems help me to really appreciate the good times. Do you see it now? Do you see how I'm blessed?

No comments:

Post a Comment