Friday, February 25, 2011

Who's really the missionary?

My roommate Eleanor and I started meeting with the guards over at the Hartleyvalle Stadium next door to us. The men are all from the Congo - we are praying with them and doing devotionals. At first I have to admit that I was a little frustrated to be giving up the Saturday night movie (waaah, I know). I'm really glad I did (I did still get to catch the last half, so not so sad). I thought we were going to be ministering to them. Shoot! They ministered so much to me! Man, are they on fire for the Lord and have amazing wisdom. The Holy Spirit was obviously speaking to them, because one of the men preached on exactly what I was struggeling with and had just moments before been talking to my roommate and shedding some tears. By the time we were done I was at peace and feeling a whole lot better. Hopefully, they got something out of it, too. I tell you, so many times I wonder if I'm really ministering to anyone else. Seems those I purpose to minister to are always ministering to me.

3 comments:

  1. it isnt who we purpose to reach, but whom God has led you to reach. I know wise right? Your conversations may have been reaffirming their faith as well. Be strong and take courage. You never in a million years would know the seeds you plant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandra said it well. God is going to use you to feed others and he will also use others to feed you. He is great and will do awesomely more than you think or imagine. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys. Hey, it's great to know people actually read these things!

    ReplyDelete